This award is presented at the ANZ Geomechanics Conference (typically in 4 year intervals). The award is made for the most valuable conference paper, excluding invited or special papers. Judging will be undertaken by a committee consisting of Australasian VP’s for ISSMGE, ISRM and IAEG, and the Chairpersons of the Australian Geomechanics Society and New Zealand Geotechnical Society.
The winner may be either a member of the AGS or NZGS.
- 2015 – R. Hunter, S.van Ballegooy, J.R. Leeves and T. Donnelly
- 2012 – Not Awarded
- 2007 – Dr. Misko Cubrinovski
- 2004 – Dr. Susan Gourvenec
- 1999 – Dr. Nasser Khalili and M. H. Khabbaz
- 1996 – Ranganath Barthur, Dr. Mark Jaksa, Dr. Peter Mitchell
The award was first presented in 1996.