Showcasing Young Geotechnical Professionals & Students
The July meeting of the South Australian Chapter of the Australian Geomechanics Society will consist of presentations by young geotechnical professionals and students.
The meeting will follow the format of the ten previous Australian and New Zealand Young Geotechnical Professionals Conferences.
- To enhance professional development by sharing experience;
- To provide an opportunity for younger members of the profession to make a presentation to their peers on a technical theme;
- To encourage active involvement in the activities of the technical societies including the AGS;
- To foster communication and understanding amongst younger members of the geotechnical profession; and
- To recognise the contribution of younger professionals to the profession.
Presenters for 2015
Shane Wynne (DPTI)
The importance of a good desktop study
Bradley Winn (University of Adelaide)
Research, development and characterisation of hydraulic performance of the ecosol cartridge filter
Jake Elphick (Coffey)
Determining swelling pressure and shear strength relationships for the South Road Corridor in Adelaide
Mark Argent (Coffey)
Geotechnical temporary works design philosophy
Andrew Bradley (University of Adelaide)
Modelling of Rolling Dynamic Compaction in LS-DYNA
Engineers Australia members participating in AGS technical sessions can record attendance on their personal CPD logs. Members should refer to Engineers Australia CPD policy for details on CPD types, requirements and auditing guidelines.