Joint Societies Award
This award is presented at the ANZ Geomechanics Conference (typically in 4-year intervals). The award is made for the most valuable conference paper, excluding invited or special papers. Judging will be undertaken by a committee consisting of Australasian VP’s for ISSMGE, ISRM and IAEG, and the Chairpersons of the Australian Geomechanics Society and New Zealand Geotechnical Society.
The winner may be either a member of the AGS or NZGS.
- 2019 – Strath Clarke, Garry Mostyn and Bernard Shen
- 2015 – R. Hunter, S.van Ballegooy, J.R. Leeves and T. Donnelly
- 2012 – Not Awarded
- 2007 – Dr Misko Cubrinovski
- 2004 – Dr Susan Gourvenec
- 1999 – Dr Nasser Khalili and M. H. Khabbaz
- 1996 – Ranganath Barthur, Dr Mark Jaksa, Dr Peter Mitchell
The award was first presented in 1996.