The purpose of this short seminar is to present the outcomes of the Sustainable Aggregates SA development project undertaken by ARRB under a grant provided by Zero Waste SA, and equally supported by industry organisations Adelaide Resource Recovery and Resourceco.
￼Through the development of a website the project has sought to provide industry in terms of:
- An understanding of the operating standards within the industry
- Transparency of compliance of products in relation to various state specifications for recycled pavement materials
- Environmental aspects including CO2 emission calculator and management of deleterious materials
- Evaluation of product performance through research undertaken by UniSA
- Example projects illustrating the application of various recycled pavement materials including granular and stabilised products
The project was fortunate to win the IPWEA Award for Excellence in Waste Management in 2012.
The seminar will introduce the website www.sustainableaggregates.com.au and provide an overview of research undertaken. In addition the seminar will provide an opportunity to discuss the incorporation of recycled materials into infrastructure in South Australia.
Engineers Australia members participating in AGS technical sessions can record attendance on their personal CPD logs. Members should refer to Engineers Australia CPD policy for details on CPD types, requirements and auditing guidelines.