AGS Bid for ICSMGE Sydney 2021 Video
The Australian Geomechanics Society (AGS) wants to bring the International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ICSMGE) to beautiful Sydney, Australia, in 2021.
ICSMGE is the biggest conference organized under the auspices of the International Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE) and the most important conference of the geotechnical profession. AGS is submitting our bid in April 2017 with the strong support of the New Zealand Geotechnical Society and key members of our profession.
It is time for the conference to come to Australia! Australia has bid unsuccessfully for ICSMGE before – six times in fact – 1969, 1981, 1994, 1997 and 2001 and 2017. We believe 2021 is our time.
There are plenty of good reasons to host the conference in Sydney:
- Our region of Australia – New Zealand has the highest per capita membership of ISSMGE of any of the regions (~56 per million population).
- There will be numerous funding opportunities for delegates from developing nations.
- There will be more opportunities than ever to present your paper.
- We are held in high regard because of the integral way in which our geologists and engineers work together under one professional banner.
- A world-class conference venue in the centre of stunning Sydney.
- We offer the warmth of our magnificent city, graced with iconic engineering symbols and reflected in the world’s finest natural harbour. Enjoy our famous Australian hospitality and friendliness and sample fine food and wine in world class restaurants.
We invite you to enjoy our interactive presentation available in multiple languages: