Thank you for your interest in joining the Australian Geomechanics Society.
As a members of the AGS you receive:
- Free or discounted access to evening seminars run by your local chapter.
- Discounts to AGS run courses and conferences, including the quadrennial Australia New Zealand Conference on Geomechanics.
- Four editions per year of our journal, Australian Geomechanics.
- Access to our members zone, including all past editions of Australian Geomechanics (to 1971), select seminar and conference proceedings.
- Membership to one of our affiliated international technical societies:
- International Society for Soil Mechanics and Ground Engineering.
- International Association for Engineering Geology.
- International Society for Rock Mechanics.
Student Membership is available at no cost for all undergraduate students which includes access to the members zone, AGS run seminars and an electronic version of Australian Geomechanics.
Corporate Membership is also available. Please contact the AGS secretary at [email protected] for more information.
There are no restrictions on joining the AGS. Although AGS is part of Engineers Australia, you do not need to be a members of Engineers Australia to be a member of AGS. Discounts apply to those with membership of both Engineers Australia and AGS.
Membership fees for the 2015/2016 membership period are set out below. The subscription period is from 1 July to 30 June. Fees will be adjusted pro-rata for members who join for part of the subscription period.
|Category||EA Member||Non EA Member|
|PostGrad Student or Retired Membership||99.00||110.00|
|Undergraduate Student Membership||Free||Free|
A $20 discount is available if you opt to receive an electronic rather than hard copy of our journal, Australian Geomechanics.
How to Join
Join online now through the Engineers Australia website. EA members will need to logon using their Engineers Australia member number.
This will take you to the Technical Societies homepage of the EA Website, and will give you four options:
- Join a Technical Society
- Don’t have an EA ID?
- Existing Technical Society Member?
- Apply for Corporate Technical Society Membership
If you are an Engineers Australia member, click on “Apply Now!” under “Join a Technical Society”.
You will need your EA membership number to log on.
If you are not an Engineers Australia member, you will need to register for an EA ID by choosing “Register Now!” under “Don’t have an EA ID?”.
Once you have received your login, click on “Apply Now” under “Join a Technical Society”.
Once you have logged in you will need to select the “Join” option, this will take you to the page where you can select the Technical Society that you wish to join. In the first drop down menu, select “Australian Geomechanics Society“.