Thank you for your interest in joining the Australian Geomechanics Society.
As a member of the AGS you receive:
- Free or discounted access to evening seminars run by your local chapter.
- Discounts to AGS run courses and conferences, including the quadrennial Australia New Zealand Conference on Geomechanics.
- Four editions per year of our journal, Australian Geomechanics.
- Access to our members’ zone, including all past editions of Australian Geomechanics (to 1971), select seminar and conference proceedings.
- Membership to one of our affiliated international technical societies:
- International Society for Soil Mechanics and Ground Engineering.
- International Association for Engineering Geology.
- International Society for Rock Mechanics.
Student Membership is available at no cost for all undergraduate students which includes access to the members’ zone, AGS run seminars and an electronic version of Australian Geomechanics.
Corporate Membership is also available. Please contact the AGS secretary at [email protected] for more information.
There are no restrictions on joining the AGS. Although AGS is part of Engineers Australia, you do not need to be a member of Engineers Australia to be a member of AGS. Discounts apply to those with a membership of both Engineers Australia and AGS.
Membership fees for the 2020/2021 membership period are set out below. The subscription period is from 1 July to 30 June. Fees will be adjusted pro-rata for members who join for part of the subscription period.
|EA Member||Non-EA Member|
|Full membership – PDF Journal subscription||$176||$198|
|Postgraduate Student or Retired||$99||$110|
|Postgraduate Student or Retired – PDF Journal subscription||$77||$88|
|Undergradaute Student, PDF Journal subscription||Free||Free|
How to Join
Create an account on Engineers Australia, then continue the steps below.
Existing Engineers Australia Members
Login to your existing EA account.
Click Join a Technical Society from the Dashboard and select New Memberships.
Search for Australia Geomechanics Society from the list of technical societies and complete the application form.
Once you have become a member, EA will pass your details to the AGS and you will be provided access to the AGS website. This process is not automatic and may take time.