On behalf of the Australian Tunnelling Society (ATS), the ATS2020 Conference Organising Committee invites you to submit an abstract for the Australasian Tunnelling Conference to be held in Melbourne in 2020. The conference will be held over 3 days in late November, providing a unique opportunity for you to showcase your knowledge and experience to a regional audience.
The theme for the conference is 2020 Vision – Innovating the next 50 years, and your contribution will be aligned with one of the following technical streams:
- Future Proofing through Project Development and Delivery;
- Major Projects – Case Studies;
- Innovative Construction;
- Challenges for Ground Support and Permanent Lining of Large Excavations;
- Worlds Best Practice in Health, Safety, Risk, Training and Education;
- Growth of Digital Engineering and Tunnel Data Systems;
- Improvements in Tunnel Ventilation and Fire Life Safety;
- Sustainable Tunnel Operations, Maintenance and Rehabilitation
To celebrate the 50th year since the first Australian Conference on Tunnelling, the organising committee would like to hear from some of our more senior tunnelling practitioners willing to reflect upon some of the achievements of the tunnelling industry in Australia in the last 50 years. To balance the ledger there will be a technical session that provides a forum for our youngest industry members to present on their tunnel industry experiences. The 50th birthday themes are thus:
- Tunnelling in Australia – the last 50 years;
- Young Members – the future of our industry.
If you don’t think your contribution will fit into one of the above technical or birthday streams, but you still have a tunnelling story to share, please submit your abstract for consideration by the conference organising committee.
We all know that ATS Tunnelling Conferences generate a successful mix of high quality technical presentations with great networking and social opportunities, and are a great chance to catch up with your industry colleagues. The 2020 event promises to be no different!
Our industry wants to hear from you, so please submit your abstracts by the due date so that you can be a part of our great industry event.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: All abstracts due by 20 December 2019
Go to ats2020.com.au for submission details.
A flyer is also available.