The 2nd International Geomechanics Symposium will be held on 1-3 November 2021 in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia. Co-hosted by the American Rock Mechanics Association (ARMA), the Dhahran Geoscience Society (DGS), and the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG), and endorsed by the Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts (SPWLA) and American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), the conference is a multi-disciplinary, multi-society summit.
The hybrid event will provide both in-person and virtual platforms for operators, technology developers, services providers, academicians, and provide world-class geomechanics training to young professionals and students.
The symposium has announced the website and Call for Abstracts. The technical topics cover a wide range of geomechanical applications:
- Rock and in-situ stress characterization including lab and field measurements, rock physics and geomechanics, seismic geomechanics and borehole geophysics, and integrated multi-disciplinary approach.
- Natural fracture characterization and interaction with hydraulic fracture
- Drilling geomechanics in naturally fractured reservoirs
- Hydraulic fracturing including in highly stressed tight and unconventional rock, across differential depleted units, completion optimization, diagnostics integration, planning, preventing, and mitigating casing deformation, production, and recovery.
- Reservoir geomechanics for well planning and design, including depletion effect
- Carbonate geomechanics for field development
- Underground storage and CO2 sequestration
- Geomechanics in geothermal energy
- AI Geomechanics modeling and applications (artificial intelligence & machine learning)
Please submit your abstracts online. The deadline is 24 May 2021. Representing over 42 international organizations, the organizing committee welcomes and invites you to join us in November.