The Australian Geomechanics Society (AGS) Sydney Chapter is holding its 26th annual symposium on Friday 11 November 2022, ‘Reliability-based Design: Advances, Innovation and Experiences‘.
The symposium forms part of the continuing program of events organised by the AGS Sydney Chapter. It aims to encourage ideas and discussions about one of the key aspects of design which is becoming more prevalent in industry and academia.
The organising committee is now calling for abstracts.
Reliability-based analysis is a design approach to quantify and incorporate uncertainty into geotechnical analysis using probabilistic techniques. The following are some suggested topics for this symposium:
- Reliability-based assessments for geotechnical site investigations and interpretation
- Reliability-based assessments in the derivation of geotechnical design parameters
- Reliability-based design for cuttings and embankments
- Reliability-based design for buildings and underground structures
- Reliability-based design for transport infrastructure
Papers that have been previously published will not be accepted for the symposium.
Download the flyer.
More information about the submission process, formats, and important dates, can be found on the Sydney Symposium 2022 event page.