The Western Australia Chapter of the AGS invites geotechnical professionals to submit abstracts for possible inclusion in the upcoming 2022 Symposium.
More information can be found on the event page.
The Western Australia (WA) Chapter of the Australian Geomechanics Society (AGS) is pleased to announce a one-day symposium titled “Engineering Geology and Geotechnics of Western Australia” which is to be held on 17 November 2022. The event will be held in Perth, forming a part of the continued program of events organised by the AGS WA Chapter. It aims to bring together geotechnical professionals to share and discuss their knowledge and experiences related to the engineering geology and geotechnical characteristics of the ground on which we build in Western Australia.
- Engineering geology of WA
- Geotechnical practices in WA
- Case studies
- Geotechnical testing and numerical modelling
- Recent technological advancements in geotechnical and geological engineering
- Geotechnics and geology of offshore WA
- Geotechnical risk management
- Geotechnical design of infrastructure (rail, road, water, energy, etc)
- Geotechnical design of offshore, nearshore and onshore mine infrastructures
- Geology and geotechnical engineering in mining
Important dates and Submissions
Abstracts must be submitted by 13 September 2022.
Abstracts will be selected based on their quality and relevance to the topics of the symposium, with the successful author(s) invited to give a presentation at the symposium.
Abstracts should be prepared in accordance with the abstract submission guidelines below. Successful submissions will be confirmed by the end of September 2022.
Final abstracts should be submitted to Harun Meer via email at [email protected] before 31 October 2022.
Submission of a paper is not required, however we encourage you to prepare a supporting paper that will be considered for publishing in our Australian Geomechanics journal.
One-page abstracts should be submitted in the following format:
- Title of presentation (font type: Times New Roman Bold, font size: 14, alignment: centre)
- Authors’ full names (font type: Times New Roman Bold, font size: 10, alignment: centre)
- Authors’ full affiliation and address including position, name of company/university, email address and contact number (font type: Times New Roman Italic, font size: 10, alignment: centre)
- Underline the presenter’s name (only one presenter)
- Abstract’s text, maximum 500 words (font type: Times New Roman, font style: regular, font size: 10, alignment: left justified)
- Page layout with 20 mm margins (top, bottom, left and right)
- Abstract should also include a relevant and interesting graphic e.g. annotated photograph, graphically presented data, schematic etc.