The Kevin Nash Gold Medal is awarded on a four yearly basis in memory of Prof Kevin Nash, who was Secretary General of the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering from 1965 to 1981. The medal is awarded to a person who, through his distinction as an engineer, through his international contributions to engineering practice and education, through his contributions to international goodwill, and through his service to the ISSMGE has made a major contribution to fostering the ideals and goals of the ISSMGE throughout the world.
Further information is available at the ISSMGE website.
- 1985 – Professor H B Seed
- 1989 – Professor E E de Beer
- 1994 – Professor J B Burland
- 1997 – Professor A S Balasubramaniam
- 2001 – Professor J K Mitchell
- 2005 – Professor H G Poulos (Australia)
- 2009 – Professor S Hansbo
- 2013 – Professor H. Brandl