Nicholas Gallina, Senior Associate, Allens Arthur Robinson
Nick will discuss practical legal information of relevance to geotechnical practitioners. Topics discussed will include:
- Latent conditions – Who should take the risk for ground related risk? Examples of contractual approaches to risk allocation.
- Proportionate liability – What is it and how does it affect geotechnical contractors and consultants.
- Expert Witness – What are the roles and responsibilities of an expert witness?
- Liquidated Damages – What are they and why are they important?
- Dispute Resolution – Advantages and disadvantages of court litigation, arbitration, mediation, negotiation.
- Avoiding Disputes – Administering contracts to minimise disputes.
Engineers Australia members participating in AGS technical sessions can record attendance on their personal CPD logs. Members should refer to Engineers Australia CPD policy for details on CPD types, requirements and auditing guidelines.