The Seaford Rail Extension (SRE) project is a key objective in the State Government development plans to support Adelaide’s growing population and will improve public transport accessibility for residents in Adelaide’s southern suburbs. The SRE project is located along the coast between Noarlunga and Seaford, approximately 26 kilometres south of the Adelaide CBD.
The project is being managed by the Department for Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, and includes:
- 5.7kms of dual rail track;
- Train stations and park’n’ride facilities at Seaford Meadows and Seaford;
- Bus interchange at Seaford station;
- 1.2 kilometre elevated rail bridge (viaduct) over the Onkaparinga Valley;
- Rail bridge over Old Honeypot Drive; and
- Road bridges over the track at Goldsmith Drive, Seaford Road and Lynton Terrace;
In September 2010 the Thiess McConnell Dowell Joint Venture won the $294 million contract to design and
construct the SRE.
Note you will need to make your own way to the above site office address and bring your own PPE.
A DPTI minibus will leave from the site office for the field inspection and return by approximately 5 pm.
Engineers Australia members participating in AGS technical sessions can record attendance on their personal CPD logs. Members should refer to Engineers Australia CPD policy for details on CPD types, requirements and auditing guidelines.