The short course will provide attendees with an insight into the use of finite elements in geotechnical engineering covering a range of traditional geotechnical applications:
- An introduction to the course materials and software
- Introduction to the finite element method
- Settlement and seepage analysis by finite elements
- Choice of soil properties for finite element analysis
- Slope stability analysis by finite elements
Participants will receive an extensive suite of finite element software, so they are encouraged to bring their laptops so they can install and run some of the programs during the sessions. A full set of lecture notes will be provided.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, along with refreshments will be provided at the venue.
Engineers Australia members participating in AGS technical sessions can record attendance on their personal CPD logs. Members should refer to Engineers Australia CPD policy for details on CPD types, requirements and auditing guidelines.